Anthony Joshua’s next challenger is Bulgarian fighter Kubrat Pulev, according to Eddie Hearn. The sport promoter also hinted that the fight is likely to hold in April 2020.
Pulev was lined to fight Joshua in 2017 but pulled out through injury Anthony Joshua will be defending his titles against IBF mandatory challenger Kubrat Pulev in April 2020, according to Eddie Hearn.
The British-Nigerian born defeated Andy Ruiz in Saudi Arabia on Saturday night, December 7, to reclaim his heavyweight belts. The victory, which came on unanimous point decision, saw Joshua ordered by WBO and IBF to defend his belts in the next 180 days against heavyweight stars Oleksandr Usyk and Kubrat Pulev.
With Joshua reportedly back to the gym, his promoter Hearn disclosed that the 30-year-old champ will first defend his IBF belt and that will be in April 2020 against the Bulgarian. "I believe his next fight will be in April, and my gut feeling is it will be against Kubrat Pulev," Hearn told BoxingScene. Nigerian heavyweight boxer who wants Joshua and Wilder belts set to compete with NYSC corp member for N1m "Joshua doesn’t want to vacate the belts.
He loves them. We need to have a conversation of common sense between the governing bodies. "We’ve written to to the IBF and WBO. Who goes first? You can’t just hold Anthony to ransom and say you have to vacate one. "There is a rotational system that chronologically tells you who goes first. It’s the IBF. But I also represent Usyk, so I have to push for him as well," the promoter said. Pulev was lined to fight Joshua in 2017 but pulled out through
Meanwhile, Legit.ng had earlier reported that Anthony Joshua, world boxing heavyweight champion, has welcomed the challenge of sparring Tyson Fury after the fellow Brit accepted his proposal ahead of his next fight with Deontay Wilder.