French Police drops rape charge against Chris Brown
Rape charges against R&B star Chris Brown have been dropped because French investigators reportedly found it ‘impossible to believe’ that the alleged victim did not attempt to escape or alert anyone.
The woman said her horrifying ordeal occurred in the early hours of January 16 at the Mandarin Oriental in the French capital, where suites can cost more than $24,000 (£18,400) per night.
The 25-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, says she was attacked multiple times by Brown, his bodyguard and a family friend. The three men were subsequently arrested on Monday.
police disputed the allegations because the woman did not mention either trying to leave the suite or alerting anyone else to the attack.
The authorities then made the decision to release the trio from custody without any charge or conditions, the prosecutor’s office said.
A source close to Brown even claimed to TMZ that police offered an apology to the musician when they let him go.
On Wednesday, Brown, 29, was spotted filming a music video on the bank of the river Seine, and later out in the city with his girlfriend Ammika Harris.
He appeared to be in good spirits and was reportedly proclaiming his love for everyone he saw.
Brown had previously used Instagram to deny raping the model at the drug-fueled party that she said turned ‘violent and brutal’.
‘For my daughter and my family this is so disrespectful and is against my character and morals,’ Brown wrote in an all-caps caption to an Instagram post on Tuesday.
‘This is false,’ he wrote. The image on the post simply read: ‘This b***h lyin’.